Thursday 9 April 2015

Moses Basket Maurice





24 April 2006, that was the day when my feet first landed in Ireland to work as a nurse. I was assigned in Tullamore Hospital - Dialysis Unit, there I met a very nice person who eventually became a very good friend and a Godmother of my son. Her name is Mary.  On 26 of June 2008, I delivered a healthy baby boy named Frank Maurice. On the very next day we arrived at home, we got a visitor. Yes, Mary came to visit us. She saw me laying Maurice in the couch while we were talking. She ask me then if I already got a Moses Basket, I said “no”. I actually didn’t know what was she talking about as we don’t have such a thing in the Philippines (not that I know) except for a crib or a pram for the baby. Anyway, she told me she will lend me her Moses basket which I gladly accepted. She then came to give the basket which Maurice was able to use for several months until she got it back to be given again to another lucky baby.  Lucky, because the Moses basket is like an heirloom being handed to different generations of babies and one of them is my son. Thank you very much Mary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment