Wednesday 8 April 2015

Holy Mary



Here's my object.  The 'Holy Mary' statue came from the 19th century terraced house that my parents renovated in the 80's, where I lived with my family above our grocery shop until 1994.  It's a very special house where my Grandmother stayed with us in her final illness and where my Grandad lived until he passed.  It's also where my husband and I now live, after the property was leased for a decade.  The statue, which is the only object that remains from the original house, lived (and still lives) perched upon the window sill above the stairs. Totally inaccessible to all except spiders!  When I moved back in, I couldn't believe it was still there.  I have mixed feelings about our Holy Mary, not a huge fan of statues, I used to think lasers would shoot out of her eyes, but when given the option of removing her recently, I found I didn't want to...she belongs there and makes me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment