Wednesday 8 April 2015

Moses Basket Dermot

On Saturday 30th March I was visiting a friend who sadly had a miscarriage two days earlier.  I was not very comfortable for two reasons, one I myself was very heavily pregnant and due to have my baby in two weeks time.  I was conscious of how my friend was feeling and hoped my visit would not be more upsetting for her.  Secondly I was feeling a bit uneasy in myself and as this was my first baby I was not sure what to expect.  Earlier that day I had placed a bet on a horse called Sunny Lad as far as I know he is still running!  I left my friend and went home later that night I was admitted to the Rotunda Hospital and within  minutes I had delivered my son.  I remained in hospital for three days. On the Monday the Moses basket had to be collected from the Blind Craft shop.  I was discharged on Tuesday so the basket was brought in the car and Dermot my son travelled home in it on the back seat of car.  Probably would be arrested with today's health and safety.  We remained in Dublin in my mothers house.  I don't think anyone except baby got any sleep as we were so excited.  My mother kept coming into the room as she said just checking his breathing.  He was the first grandchild on both sides and my sister who was asked to be the Godmother was so thrilled she kept coming to check too.  He looked so small and comfortable in his basket I am not surprised he didn't wake.  Its funny to think that, that was 41 years ago this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment