Monday 30 March 2015

Easter Photo







My most meaningful object, one which I have carried with me through all the years, is a photograph of my father and myself when I was less than six months old holding my very first Easter egg.

At the time Easter eggs were hand made, they weren’t the usual variety that you can buy in the shop. My name was on it and my father is holding me, holding the egg which is nearly the same size as myself. I’ve always treasured this photograph as this coming sunday, the 22nd of February, my father will be 50 years dead.

He was a very good father and I miss him very, very much and frequently look at this picture just to see him, and even though I was only very, very small I just could feel a bond in the picture between the two of us. I will always treasure this photograph and at the moment I am doing some work on my ancestry and it was one of the first pictures to go up on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment