Wednesday 25 March 2015

Aberdeen Towel

This is my object.  It's fairly battered now but that's because it's coming close to about 20 years old. When I was about to leave for university in Glasgow my Grandmother gave me it.  This is an Aberdeen football club towel.  My brother got at the same time an Aberdeen hat but that's because he wasn't going anywhere and my Granny thought that it might not be wise for me to walk about Glasgow with a symbol of Aberdeen on it.  But at that stage Aberdeen were so shite that nobody really cared I walked around with a t-shirt on and all you got was a look of pity.  So that's gone to Glasgow for 4 years and then back home, and then when I came over here in 2000, so it's 14 years.....19.....yeah it's probably about 20, more than 20 odd years old, and now because of its present state and it's just wrecked, it has become the dogs towel for wiping his feet dry when he comes in from the back so it's still in use because I don't think.....well I could be mean.....it's still got the badge so I would feel bad about throwing it out.  So that's my object.





Well at least it’s functional.  And let’s face it when he comes in after the rain it’s our most treasured object.
Instead of getting it all over my trousers.

Was it your idea that the towel be used for...
Oh yes, yeah because it’s my towel.  All her towels are huge, fluffy ones and all mine are all shite, cheap ones.

Plus the eh bromance with the dog!
Well it’s just sandpaper now you wouldn’t dry with that now, it’s just grrrrruup!

Yeah it’s crunchy
Crunchy yeah

There’s nothing worse than a crunchy towel.

Some are for drying and some are for ‘drying’.

No comments:

Post a Comment